Straight lines - Very beautiful veneer - Very good condition - With secret compartments
North German Biedermeier bureau with top part made of birch from circa 1830.
This tasteful piece of furniture was once part of a bourgeois estate. Suitable as a collector’s item or as an element for modern and classic home decor.
The bureau has block feet with two spacious drawers placed on them, topped by a writing lath and another, slightly narrower drawer above it. The space behind the writing latch is very beautiful and architecturally designed. It has a CENTRAL compartment with a shelf decorated with tile ornaments, flanked by Doric columns with mirrored back wall. The middle part can be taken out, three SECRET DRAWERS are hidden behind it, they were formerly used for storing jewellery and money.
There are three small DRAWERS on each side of the central compartment finished in exquisite birch grain veneer and framed with a circumferential birch veneer inlay. The bottom right drawer is subdivided into 8 small compartments. Large drawer on the top, ranging over the complete width of the inner part. The body differs from the inner construction, it is finished in reddish veneer, probably cherry wood. The bottom drawer group has a completely removable TRAY which is as wide as the drawers. The curved side panels and the writing surface of the latch which opens on the centre front are covered with green velvet.
The MIDDLE PART ends with a slightly protruding, profiled top plate. A end piece with a rounded door is placed on top. On each side of the door, there is a semicircular pillar and a small drawer positioned on the corner. The top element has an end trim with the same profile as the trim between the middle part and the top part.
The drawers and the writing latch are decorated with very beautiful keyhole covers showing a classical vase motif.
CONDITION: The Biedermeier bureau was manufactured very meticulously and has an extremely high-quality finish. The selection of wood and the quality of work are excellent. The conservation status of the bureau is very good, especially some of the supporting wood parts are absolutely excellent. Furthermore, the piece has recently been gently restored and it is ready for use. Especially damaged veneer elements were replaced during the restoration process, and the piece was polished.
There are a few very small, hardly visible damaged spots on the veneer of the bureau, as follows; These spots are, however, hardly noticeable, because the colour of the supporting wood is almost identical to the veneer:
- A piece of veneer measuring 2.5 cm on the bottom front right of the left pillar has come loose (it still exists and will be delivered with the bureau)
- A piece of veneer measuring 1 x 1 cm is missing on the right corner of the top part end trim
- A piece of veneer measuring 4 x 3 cm on the far back of the crown trim has come loose (will be delivered with the bureau)
- There are some imperceptible tears in the veneer
- There are six tiny, inconspicuous splashes of red colour on the right side in the back third (see photo), which cannot be swiped away, but will surely be removable without major effort
- The feet are loose and included separately
- The drawers glide easily and close softly
LOCKS & KEYS:
- The door on the top part, the writing latch and the drawer underneath the writing latch can be locked, and 3 matching keys are included
- The drawer above the writing latch and the bottom drawer are not lockable, but they are fitted with keyhole covers and key slots
H x W x D: 182 x 106 x 56 cm
Height of the body: 134 cm
Height of the top part: 48 cm
- Top 13 cm
- Bottom 24 cm
Drawers H x W x D: 24 x 7.5 x 42 cm
Compartment H x W x D: 35 x 25 x 33 cm
1. COLLECTION BY THE BUYER in 39291 Gommern, city district Pöthen near Magdeburg, Germany. Collection at ground level, help with loading can be provided.
2. Shipping throughout Germany will cost €100, otherwise as indicated.
Il venditore spedirà l'oggetto entro 3 giorni lavorativi dalla notifica di avvenuto pagamento.
Le spese di spedizione sono solo per destinazioni continentali.
Spese di spedizione
|Resto del mondo||€1.300,00|
Risparmia sulle spese di spedizione
Puoi ritirare questo lotto direttamente presso il venditore: Karith, Germania.
Se ti aggiudichi più di un lotto dello stesso venditore nell'ambito della stessa asta pagherai le spese di spedizione una sola volta. In questo caso pagherai solo le spese di spedizione più elevate.